Monday, August 8, 2011

When Doggies Roamed



It was not at all unusual to see dogs roaming around town in the 70's.  When I was in the freshman dorm there was a cool dog named Woodstock that hung around a lot.... never knew if he had a real owner.

I ran into a guy yesterday who remembered my beagle dog named Ajax (pictured above), mainly because when I left my house on Roanoke Street the dog would often tag along.  Sometimes he would go all the way to campus but most times he would stop in town and find a cool concrete floor somewhere (and maybe some coeds who would talk to him).  He always came home though.  Guess dogs always remember from whence their gravy train comes.  Ajax lived to the ripe old age of 17.

1 comment:

  1. My brother followed me at VT three years on, owned a big Alsatian named Spike when he lived in the country north of town. Occasionally Spike would take off following his car all the way into town and my brother would find him tied up to a parking meter or lampost in town.

    ReplyDelete